Are you having issues trying to download? Try these troubleshooting steps (in no particular order)!
- Close your browser and reopen the browser and try the download again.
- Try a different browser (there are lots out there: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Sea Monkey, SRWare Iron)
- Reboot your computer.
- Copy and paste the download link into a new browser tab or window.
- Clear your browser’s cache/cookies/temp files.
- Wait. Maybe the network and/or resource is busy, or maybe the bandwidth maximum has been reached. You may have to wait this one out.
- Disable any pop-up blockers.
- Try a different computer/device, if possible (even if just to test).
- Verify if it’s just the web site you are downloading from (by using one of these sites – the individual web site may be experiencing technical difficulties) or all web sites (if it’s all web sites, then it’s likely your local network, either your home, your provider or a larger area provider outage).
- Does the downloading site require an account/login? If so, make sure you are logged in.
20 thoughts on “Troubleshooting Downloads”